Knox Asian Festival Participation and Release Agreement
1. I hereby FULLY AND FOREVER RELEASE, the Asian Culture Center of TN, The Knox Asian Festival and the Metropolitan Government of Knoxville and Knox County, and any of their related entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, agents, servants, contractors, representatives, employees, heirs and assigns (individually and collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action of whatsoever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, known or unknown, arising out of or related to any of my participation in the 2022 Knox Asian Festival as an artist, exhibitor or vendor on Aug 28th,2022( "the Activity").
2. It is my intent that this agreement shall be binding upon myself, the Participant, the members of my family, my spouse, heirs, assigns, guardians, and personal and legal representatives, both as to claims which may be asserted by such parties on my behalf and otherwise, and shall be deemed as a full and complete release by all such parties. The provisions of this agreement are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Tennessee and shall be governed by, construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to the conflicts of laws or principles thereof. If any portion of this Release and Waiver is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, it is agreed that the remainder shall, notwithstanding such holding, continue in full force and effect.
3. By checking the box below, I acknowledge, represent and warrant, as follows: (a) I have read this agreement, understand it, and I am acknowledging it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; (b) no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made to me in connection with this agreement; (c) this agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties; (d) I am fully competent and at least eighteen years of age, or a parent or legal guardian of a minor child with complete authority to grant this release and waiver on the minor child’s behalf, and have executed this agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by it; and (e) I understand and acknowledge that the Releasees are relying upon my acknowledgments, representations, warranties and agreements contained in this agreement in permitting me to engage in the Activity.
4. I agree to indemnify and to defend the Releases from and against any and all causes of action, demands, suits, liabilities, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and court costs that any of the Releases incur (directly or indirectly) in any way related to or arising out of my participation in the Activity, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. I also agree to indemnify and defend the Releasees if any of my acknowledgments, representations, or warranties above are wrong or false.
5. I agree to rain policy.Knox Asian Festival is an outdoor venue and we use a weather data team to monitor weather conditions hourly on event days. All events are rain or shine. We offer no refunds or exchanges in the event of rain. Raincoats and ponchos are allowed. In the event of severe weather conditions (thunder/lightning, etc.)during events announcements will be made from the stage concerning the status of the event due to weather conditions. Information will be posted on Facebook. We ask all patrons to remain calm and listen for these announcements.